STRIVE is an initiative of veterans, who after hanging the uniform decided to have a “Think Tank” at Lucknow, the capital city of Uttar Pradesh (India), with a view to harness the immense knowledge and experience of the retired community, and use it for the betterment of the next-generation and society at large.
The Acronym STRIVE conveys following:-
S - Society for
T - Transformative
R - Research
I - Integration and
V - Veteran
E - Empowerment
STRIVE is registered under 'The Societies Registration Act 1860'.
Logo & Moto
- Logo signifies - the organization, designed graphically based on the theme/ objectives of the STRIVE.
- The Sword, Owl and Pen, depicts transformation of a veteran into an analyst capable of undertaking research on topics pertaining to national, social and economic security. The Book depicts the empowerment through acquisition of knowledge. The Shield depicts; Nation building; Integration; Safety and Security.
- Motto “प्रज्ञा - प्रति –शोधम” (Wisdom Through Research) on an Oak, symbolises, strength, morale, resilience and knowledge.
- The colours used in the Logo, with white background, depict the Veterans of Tri Services and intellectuals of Civil Society.
STRIVE will contribute to the strengthening of national security, and nation building through research and writing.
- Contribute in Nation Building and National Security.
- To promote national integration and harmony by building consensus through dialogue and discussion.
- To promote and further intellectual thinking on international relations, national & regional security issues and defence strategies.
- To organize discussions/ lectures on military strategy, operational art, military history, defence technology, insurgency & terrorism, conflict management, internal stability, security, disaster management and allied subjects.
- Garner knowledge and experience of desirous and eminent members of society and seek intellectual participation from specialists, technologists, academics, NGOs, socialites and others to enhance contemporary insight.
- Maintain links with the armed forces, academia, organizations and establishments pursuing similar objectives in order to create a vibrant intellectual atmosphere in the environment through publications, discussions, seminars, talks, education, workshops, fellowships, scholarships and conferences.
STRIVE is designed with a nationalistic outlook. It will present a balanced and unbiased view with National Interest as the prime consideration. It will remain objective and constructive even in criticism. STRIVE is expected to become self-financing society through contributions from members/environment and the sale of contents. It is not a profit-Making organization and pays only decided honorariums to the contributors.
Management Committee (2019 - 2021)
- Maj Gen A Parmar, VSM (Retd) - Chairman
- Lt Gen Manvender Singh, PVSM (Retd) - Working Chairman
- Maj Gen Ajay Kumar Chaturvedi, AVSM, VSM (Retd) - Vice Chairman
- Maj Gen Harsha Kakar (Retd) - Academic Head
- Col RP Singh - (Retd) - Secretary
- Col AK Singh - (Retd) - Treasurer
- Maj AK Singh KC SM, (Retd) - Member
- Lt Gen RP Sahi - (Retd) - Member
“The Soldiers’ Retreat”,
2/519, Vijay Khand, Gomti Nagar,
Lucknow, (India) – 226010.
Contact : Office – 9411169070, 0522 4952040
Secretary – 9415069070
E-Mail id : firstname.lastname@example.org , <email@example.com>
WEB : www.striveindia.in